Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Abyss

Originally written: March 23rd 2009


Bright luscious green, filled every tiny crevasse as far as the eye could possibly see. Walking through trees and flower, as if they were all happy to see me; never imagining that there could ever be darkness left in this world.


Through a thicket of bush, and dense foliage lay ground to a gap of bleak and gloom.
Something never wishing to be found, but not unwilling to take in its prisoners. Distracted by the splendors that life can occasionally bring to a person you would be oblivious to such a discreet imperfection and since it would seemingly be out of place, your thoughts would be none the wiser neither.
Let this be a lesson, the darkness would say; a warning in times where all the good in the world showers you with wondrous promises, through life there are always prices to pay; for mistakes for fortune and misfortune.


And with that in mind a balance must be maintained for the greater good.
I believe the lessons one must learn in life, are more obvious for a reason. Points are made that cannot be ignored any longer, what are my choices in life? What is the right path to make?
When my mind believes in something, so strongly so sure of. Who am I to fight it?
The truth with many realities is that, I procrastinate, I push back my thoughts, and hide them behind glass doors, for a time when my anger has nothing left to do but let them out.
Ghosts and shadows, of my ideal logic, I have beautiful dreams you know?
Dreams that I wish to nurture, but still in my life at this very moment there are so many uncertainties about life, about these choices, about the infinite paths to take, the risks I ignore, the logic I hide.


My roots are strong but they have diminished, and now I have chances to revive such roots? To go back to the person I was, and I am at a loss for words, a loss for choice.
It is these times that create hardship; I am relying on that of which force that just floats me on by, i listen to others; and go with it.


No longer putting up a fight, it is those doors; that I refer to, sometimes its simply easier, to let life takes its own choices, that is how spontaneity works.

No comments: